Why you could suffer from more pollution while driving a car than walking on the street
Below is a short finding done in London 2014
- People in cars exposed to up to 15 times pollution of walkers and cyclists
- Emissions are highest in the centre of the carriageway, where the cars are
- Dirty air is sucked in through car air filters and breathed in by passengers
- Those who live in big cities have lower life expectancies because of pollution
- Vehicles close together suck in each other’s emissions.